Learn More About UsMeet Our TeamFind Out Whats HappeningRead Emmaus Road UpdatesA Word For TodayResources

Monday, April 03, 2006

God's at Work!

God has been at work already in the life of Emmaus here in CO. I personally have seen his awesome power at work through my life in building a foundation of relationships. The Lord has given me several opportunities to share the gospel, but let me share one of them which occurred recently.
I was invited by a few co-workers to go skiing last weekend. One of those co-workers, Patrick, and I met up at a park-n-ride to head out to the mountain together and to meet another caravan of friends. While waiting, Patrick began sharing some personal issues regarding his relationship with his live-in girlfriend. He made a comment regarding his imperfections and I affirmed mine as well, but told him that's why we need a Savior who is perfect. He paused in disbelief for a moment and then began asking me questions about my beliefs in mankind and creation. I shared with him some truths from Genesis and the NT and we began a 50 minute discussion on creation, faith, salvation, and eternity. We certainly did not agree on all points, but I believe, through listening to his points and positions, God gave me the opportunity to share the truth in love.
God is faithful. He is perfect. His word is powerful. When we build a foundation of trust with people, and meet them where they are, watch out! God will give us a chance to share the truth and not have to be worried so much about the resistance.
People are searching, people are longing. People need to be loved. I am confident that through my expression of love to a new friend and caring about his life, the sharing of my faith comes easily and readily and is welcomed, despite the fact that he may not agree with my faith. I am amazed at how powerful God is. He reveals himself to people in ways we cannot explain. I am reminded that I am just a mere vessel for his love and truth to flow through. I must continuously depend on him to move in people's hearts and believe he can use me to change a life forever.
Isn't it great to be a participant in God's plan?
Isn't it great to see God at work in our lives?
"To live is Christ, to die is gain..."
Peter

Check out more from tighe tales

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home